MOUNTAIN FILMS at 25. OFF CINEMA
The 25th anniversary edition is approaching. Edition of the International Documentary Film Festival OFF CINEMA. The event will take place from October 19 – 24, 2021 at the ZAMEK Cultural Center in Poznań. There will be 31 competition films on the screen, and the best documentaries will be awarded by the Jury: Gold, Silver and Bronze CASTLE. This year, for the second time in the Festival’s history, the Organizers have enriched the program with an out-of-competition Mountain Films section.
We hope that through these productions our viewers will find themselves closer to the mountains, delight in their majesty, feel the emotions that accompany their conquest, as well as observe the different facets of man’s relationship with the mountains and nature, which will stimulate deeper reflection.
5 documentaries will be presented:
- When the snow melts (dir. Aleksei Golovkov) – two people, two different worlds, which on the surface have nothing to do with each other – how it really is?,
- Possessed (reż. Jakub Brzosko) – introducing Marcin Gąsienica Kotelnicki, one of the authors of the most difficult climbing routes in the Tatra Mountains,
- Alpinist (dir. Peter Mortimer, Nick Rosen) – the story of a great young climber named Marc-André Leclerc [Tragically passed away in March 2018. – red.], who was an uncompromising adventurer and mountaineer,
- Godspeed, Los Polacos (dir. Adam Nawrot) – showing the fate of five students, on the threshold of adulthood, who skillfully pull the strings of the Soviet system and embark on a canoe expedition across the Americas,
- #TO_BE (dir. Grzegorz Lipiec) – individual style of storytelling with images, music, graphics and animations transport the viewer to the world of a great man – Krzysztof Wielicki. To a world hitherto least explored – home to the Master’s return from the mountains.
The film screenings will be combined with meetings with the filmmakers, heroes and guests.